One example of making it happen!

One example of making it happen!
Free pass from Ryan's boss, swapping kids with a good friend, using my sisters old ski's and goggles, gloves purchased 15 years ago, pants 10 years ago, coat, DI special 8$! Deer Valley was not bad at all! That is how it is done, if you want it bad enough!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

How many children should one have???

I happen to be immersed in a culture that sometimes may encourage having many children. You may even be looked upon as more spiritual when you do have more. I find myself debating how many children should I have. I come from a large family, 8 children. I loved it, I loved the chaos, the family traditions and I know I have people who will help me out and look after me in my time of need. Now that I am having my own children things have changed. I thought I could do it all, but I have come to accept a few things. I am not born to breed. I don't like being pregnant, feeling sick and fat for nine months is not enjoyable, recovering from birth, caring for a baby, not sleeping, and worrying are not my cup of tea.

How many is too many for me?
Can I physically, mentally, emotional and financially care for more children? As I think about it I don't necessarily come to any type of conclusions I just think about a few things about the number of children.

1)It has nothing to do with numbers...
2)How is my marriage? If it is rocky maybe you should focus on that rather than bringing something else to the table.
3)How are my children doing, would they be ok with another addition? Does a child that I already have need me to give them special attention.
4)Can we afford it?
5)If I have only 1 or 2 it is my business not anyone elses.
6)If I truly have the desire to have more and all of the above is ok then go for it.

Having children is wonderful, but it isn't a side job, it is all encompassing. It brings me my greatest joy and my greatest sorrow. Now that I have a child I understand the importance of mothers and fathers and providing a stable environment for your child. Life is just hard and children need to be loved, cared for, adored and protected. Whether it is 1 or 10, they all need the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Blog Rochelle! I have one too! I like this post about kids...I am in the same boat! Seems like you guys are having fun and staying busy :)

    ReplyDelete