One example of making it happen!

One example of making it happen!
Free pass from Ryan's boss, swapping kids with a good friend, using my sisters old ski's and goggles, gloves purchased 15 years ago, pants 10 years ago, coat, DI special 8$! Deer Valley was not bad at all! That is how it is done, if you want it bad enough!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Smoothies!

Eating healthy is something that I take very seriously. I am creating eating habits for my children and my husband has Celiac disease. I don't eat perfectly and I am not skinny, but we try.

On the food note my two year old is soooooo hard to feed. He finds the crap and eats it, there are few things I know he will eat and Smoothies are one of them. He will also do oatmeal, boiled eggs and pasta. Note: oatmeal is cooked with whole oats, flax seed added and a dash of brown sugar. The instant stuff is crap and you should not eat it if your intentions are to be healthy. Pasta is Tinkyada which is made from brown rice. Way more healthy and gluten free of course. I make my own sauces which are very easy to do. However our focus today is Smoothies...

Smoothies are great because you can sneak in stuff kids won't eat normally. Green powders, much needed protein... Here is a base to what I do for my kids and during the summer we have smoothies once a day.

Almond milk, I try to stay away from dairy and we like the taste of almond milk better. You can even make your own almond milk if you are feeling a little crazy.
Green Powder
Brown Rice Protein (Hemp, other protein are great too)
Peanut butter (makes it delicious and smoothe, we love this)
Frozen Strawberries, bananas, pears, grapes or whatever is going bad in the fridge.
Spinach, broccoli, kale, coconut milk, kefir, yogurt, juice.....

The possibilities are limitless and your kids will be eating stuff that make them feel good, not cranky!

No comments:

Post a Comment