One example of making it happen!

One example of making it happen!
Free pass from Ryan's boss, swapping kids with a good friend, using my sisters old ski's and goggles, gloves purchased 15 years ago, pants 10 years ago, coat, DI special 8$! Deer Valley was not bad at all! That is how it is done, if you want it bad enough!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

To have Fun!

Having Fun with your kids!

This is a serious issue for me, if we are not having fun, then I am usually yelling and the kids are fighting. Here is how I make it happen!

How?
1) Plan Ahead!! This means find friends to meet up with you at a certain time, this way you are committed and no matter how bad the morning may be. You know it always feels good to be out and to be conversing with other adults!

2) Timing is everything with munchkins! Make sure that you are working around their naps. Why? So that they aren't grumpy and you are going home early with a child that is now off schedule and you all know how that is!

3) Variety is important for me and my kids, going to the library everyday gets old.

Where:

1) I love having passes, it makes it easy to visit places that are pricey. You don't feel like you have to be there all day to get your moneys worth. Believe me, if you plan ahead you will get your money's worth and then some.

a) The Children's Museum: very expensive. However, if you get two friends to go in on the pass, it is way cheap and totally worth it. I do this with my sister and we buy the pass on St. Patricks day where they discount it for one day. Make sure you check the website for field trips, it is not fun if the place is packed!

b) The Zoo: I got my parents to do the Grandparent booster and then put my sisters name on the pass, I know you could figure out how to split the cost of this pass as well. We love the Zoo and it totally wears out my kids!

c) The Aquarium: Another wonderful indoor activity, this pass is cheap and there is no need to share the cost with friends. They have a reading time and fun parties throughout the year.

d) The Library: Love reading times, but my two year old does not. My kids love to pick out books and so do I. I rarely buy a book these days because I get bored of reading the same thing and everything is FREE. I get books for myself, my husband, movies. This is a great resource! Make sure to keep track of the books and the due dates or it will become a costly activity.

e) Barnes and Noble does have very cute reading times which we have done in the past, but I hate going there because my kids want to buy everything in sight.

f)) Parks!!!: My kids love them and so do I, to be free! I feel almost fanatic about utilizing parks when the weather is just right, but we love them!! I have a few favorites, but if you really want to know just ask!

g) Tracy Aviary: I love this place, it is very, very mellow. I don't worry about large crowds here. My kids love it, they have a craft they do everyday and I make sure to bring a quarter to buy a little handful of bird food.

h) Thanksgiving Point: This place is fun, but a rare occasion, we don't live close enough to make this convenient. The Dinosaur Museum is very cool and their petting zoo is clean, they have a variety of animals and pony rides. The gardens are beautiful as well! I would make a habit out of this if we lived closer.

i) utahmama.com is a website that I also check frequently when I need ideas of things to do.

j) Plan weekly play dates with neighbors if they are interested. Invite friends over! I plan on having my place be a safe hang out for teenagers. That way I know what is going on, but I am the one feeding them and providing entertainment. Since my kids are so young, it is keeping them safe, snacks and crafts!


I love knowing that I did something fun with my kids at the end of the day and so do they!

No comments:

Post a Comment